Whippersnappers Early Learning Centre Limited was established in 2011 and is an upmarket, privately owned Preschool providing top facilities in a purpose built building.
The centre is privately owned and operated by locals, Sonya and Neil Cookeson.
We are parents of three young children, this has given us understanding and insight for the developement of this new centre.
Our focus is on providing a safe, caring environment for you and your children, with customised programs, developed specifically to support your child.
Sustainability and learning to be environmentally conscious are important topics and we provide opportunities for your children to grow vegetables, feed the chickens and collect the eggs. Spring time will also bring baby lambs to the centres animal shelter where children can care and feed the lambs.
The centre has qualified teaching staff and offers purposeful individualised programmes for all children. The indoor classrooms are large and open plan, allowing for familiarity and continuity of teaching staff amongst children which makes transitioning between classrooms less stressful on children.
Key features of the centre:
- Whippersnappers is privately owned and operated
- Offers 20 hours ECE for 3+ year olds and WINZ subsidies
- Architecturally Designed & Purpose Built building
- Primary Care Programme
- Separate large infant/toddler and preschool outdoor play areas
- Separate classrooms for Preschool and Nursery
- Separate infant sleep room and toddler sleep room
- Extension room for 4 ½ to 5 year olds with dedicated learning programme
- Individualised learning programs for all children
- Fun individualised group sessions for toddlers including interactive
- storytelling and music sessions
- ICT, Literacy & Numeracy Programme