First and foremost your child’s medication should be administered at home. If your child requires additional medication throughout the day, the following procedures should be followed.
- Write your child’s name, medication, dosage and the time of administration in the medication book which is located in the office. Please ask the Director or Supervisor for this.
- Either the Director or Supervisor will need to countersign the request.
- All medication must be clearly labelled with your child’s name and dosage. We are unable to extend any dosage amounts on the labels.
- It is illegal for staff to administer non-prescription drugs including Paracetamol.
- Ensure staff are aware of the appropriate way to store your child’s medication. ie if it needs to be refrigerated.
- If your child requires ongoing medication such as for asthma, please ask the
- Director or Supervisor for the permanent medication form. This form will include questions such as the severity of attacks, warning signs, method for acute care etc.
- The staff administering the drugs will document in the Medication book the time of administering the drug and any other related information to this.