When a child is enrolled in the centre, you will be asked to provide the Director with your child’s immunisation certificate. An immunisation register is kept on all children so it is important to notify and provide evidence of updates to your child’s immunisation records.
We strongly recommend immunising your child. If you have chosen not to immunise your child, we reserve the right to exclude your child from attending the centre if there are any instances or reporting of people infected with vaccine preventable diseases in the local community.
We will work with the local medical authorities and or Health Department to determine the period of exclusion. During this time normal fees must be paid.
The following guidelines are to help you decide whether or not your child is well enough to attend the centre:
- Chicken Pox Please keep away from the centre for one week from the onset and until all blisters have dried.
- Common Cold Please keep your child away from the centre if they have an acute cold which includes all or some of the following symptoms; coughing, fever, or green discharge from nose.
- Conjunctivitis Conjunctivitis is highly contagious. If your child has a discharge from their eyes of any type, please stay away for 24 hours after treatment has commenced.
- Guardia Please keep your child away until they have been treated and all symptoms have ceased for at least 24 hours.
- Hand, Foot & Mouth Exclude from the centre until all blisters have healed.
- Head Lice Please check your child for head lice regularly as symptoms are not always obvious. Please remove nits from your child’s head before returning to the centre. The whole family will need to be treated.
- Influenza Please keep your child away until they feel well.
- They should not have any of the following symptoms: coughing, fever, or green discharge from nose.
- Measles, Mumps Recovery times for these diseases are one week to & Rubella 10 days. Please keep your child away from the centre for 4 days after any rash or swelling goes down.
- Ringworm Exclude from the centre until all lesions are healed.
- Scabies Please keep your child away for 48 hours after treatment is commenced. It is likely the whole family will need to be treated.
- School Sores Your child can return to the centre after treatment has been given and no lesions are weeping. Any sores must be properly covered up.
- Viral Gastroenteritis Your child may return to the centre 48 hours after vomiting and/or diarrhoea have ceased.
- Vomiting and/or Your child may return to the centre 48 hours after
- Diarrhoea vomiting and/or diarrhoea have ceased.
- Whooping Cough Exclude the child from the centre for 5 days after treatment has commenced.
In some cases staff may request a Doctors certificate after your child has had a severe illness before allowing your child to be readmitted to the centre. This is to protect your child as much as it is to minimise the risk to other children and staff.
If your child appears to have ongoing or frequent reoccurring illness such as a chronic discharge from the nose, abnormal stools, we may ask you to seek medical advice. This is for the protection of your own child as well as minimising the risk to other children and staff.